:: VirginSEA ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@save, Character slots, and cosmetic options

2 posters

Go down

@save, Character slots, and cosmetic options Empty @save, Character slots, and cosmetic options

Post  Sablechu Tue 31 Aug 2010, 8:36 am

Heyo~ Thought I should drop in here and lay out a couple suggestions I've been thinking of the past couple days. I'm enjoying the server quite a lot, it's surprisingly tough to find a low/mid-rate without the likes of reborn these days, it seems - It's just lacking a bit of refinement, though understandably so.

The first thing I'd like to see is the @save command implemented - which is basically a quicksave option that lets you save your character info as if fully logging out at the time. Personally, I'm connecting from a little far away from the server, and so my connection can be a little shaky - and I've experienced some rollbacks in cases while things were acting up. Nothing too severe, but this might help patch it up a bit.

The second is a sort of half/half, I'm not sure how close to MSEA-like the server is looking to stay, or for that matter if it would substantially increase server-load, but I might suggest unlocking every account's character slots complete, as opposed to having the slot-option from the cash shop. It's not terrible, and it's something to work for, but on servers with rates like these, personally I like having a lot of characters and switching up a lot. (I could theoretically make different accounts, but it's preferable to keep my characters on one) At 15k ACash, a new slot comes to 30 million mesos, which combined with the probable costs of equipping a new character is just a little high, but it's not the worst thing ever.

And thirdly, I don't know how many people really /care/ about this one, but cash shop cosmetics are a pretty big thing for me personally, and I've always felt they should be fairly accessible. For instance, I managed to get the cash together for a small ACash pack, which was a 10mil -> 5k convert. I ended up only being able to afford a pair of glasses (in which I needed to hide an, in my opinion, godawful-looking mask <w<'' ) which ran me 2.5k ACash, which is on the lower end. That's 5million mesos for a cosmetic cover.. and that.. seems like a bit much. Other, similar items apply as well, such as hair coupons. I think these items should be a bit of a cash sink, but not /that much/ of a cash sink, especially considering some of the things obtainable in the shop that tends to draw most people away from the clothes and hair items as is. My suggestion, coming from something I've seen on other servers, is to add a shop NPC to perhaps the free market, who categorically sells all the clothing items from the cash shop for some sort of reasonable price - 500k mesos for an article of clothing, or something similar. It's still a cash sink, and a fairly sizeable one, but it's far more affordable and reasonable. In addition, a stylist NPC who could change hair/eye style and colour for a smaller fee would be great to have, as well.

Hope this is all sounding fairly reasonable~
Sablechu
Sablechu

Back to top Go down

@save, Character slots, and cosmetic options Empty Re: @save, Character slots, and cosmetic options

Post  Calvin. Wed 01 Sep 2010, 1:11 am

@save will be implemented soon.
As for the others, will be taken into consideration, thanks for your suggestion (: .
Calvin.
Calvin.
Founder of VirginSEA.

https://virgin-sea.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum